|Body and chassis|
|Class||4-speed longitudinalautomatic transmission|
- 4l85e Transmission Pan
- 4l85e Transmission Identification
- 4l85e Transmission Filter
- 4l85e Transmission Pan
- 4l85e Transmission
Certified Transmission offers the following resource for those interested in knowing vehicle applications for the remanufactured 4L85E transmission. To view applications begin by selecting the vehicle manufacturer listed below. The 4L85E is a 4-speed automatic transmission that was launched by General Motors in 2002. Like the 4L80E transmission, it was an upgrade to the TH400 three-speed transmission from GM. Hence, it can be considered as a TH400 with overdrive, a lockup torque converter, as well as advanced electronic controls. 4L85E – Level 4 Transmission with Torque Converter. Email this page to a friend. Horse Power: 1200 (Up to 1000 ft-lbs Torque) Converter: Custom Built & Custom.
The 4L80-E (and similar 4L85-E) was a series of heavy-duty automatic transmissions from General Motors designed for longitudinal engine configurations. The 4L80-E was heavily based on the Turbo-Hydramatic 400 first produced in October 1963, adding electronic controls and an overdriven fourth gear. 4L80-Es were optioned only in Chevrolet/GMC pickups, Suburban 2500s, vans, and commercial vehicles, and the Hummer H1. It was also adopted by Rolls-Royce in 1991 and modified after extensive testing, and used initially in the Bentley Continental R, and subsequently other Rolls-Royce and Bentley vehicles. The 4L80E and 4L85E were built at Willow Run Transmission in Ypsilanti, Michigan.
Citrix workspace app 2002 for mac download. Gear ratios:
The 4L80-E (RPO MT1) is rated to handle engines with up to 440 ft·lbf (597 N·m) of torque. The 4L80-E is rated to max GVWR of 18,000 (Axle and vehicle dependent)
The 4L80-E uses 2 shift solenoids, initially called Shift Solenoid A & Shift Solenoid B, later changed to comply with OBD II (On Board Diagnostics revision 2) regulations to 1-2 Shift Solenoid & 2-3 Shift solenoid. By activating and deactivating the solenoids in a predetermined pattern by the PCM, 4 distinct gear ratios can be achieved. The shift solenoid pattern, also sometimes referred to as solenoid firing order, is as follows;
Shift Solenoid Pattern
|1-2 Solenoid||2-3 Solenoid|
No power results in 2nd Gear as 'Limp home mode'.
- 1991–2013 Chevrolet C/K/Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra 2500 & 3500
- 1991–2013 Chevrolet/GMC Suburban/GMC Yukon XL 2500 & 3500
- 1991–2009 Chevrolet Van/Chevrolet Express/GMC Savana 2500 & 3500
- 2002–2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 General Motors LS with L18 V8 only
- 1992-2006 Hummer H1
- 1992–1998 Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit/Spur II, III, IV
- 1991–1992 Bentley Eight
- 1991–1997 Bentley Turbo R
- 1991–2002 Bentley Continental R/S/T
- 1999–2006 Bentley Arnage Red Label / Bentley Arnage R/RL/T
- 1993–1996 Jaguar XJS
- 1994–1997 Jaguar XJR
- 1993–1997 Jaguar XJ12 / Daimler Double Six
- 1996–1999 Aston Martin DB7
- 2000-2006 Chevrolet HD trucks with L18 V8
4l85e Transmission Pan
The 4L85-E (RPO MN8) is rated to handle vehicles with up to 690 ft·lbf (935 N·m) of torque. The 4L85E is rated to handle vehicles with a GVWR of up to 18,000 lbs (dependent on axle ratio and vehicle)
- Chevrolet Avalanche8.1 Vortec only.
- Chevrolet Suburban 8.1 Vortec only.
- GMC Yukon XL 8.1 Vortec only.
- Chevrolet Express with Duramax Diesel or 8.1 Vortec 2500 & 3500 only.
- GMC Savana with Duramax Diesel or 8.1 Vortec only.
- ^Adcock, Ian (1992). Bentley Continental R. London: Osprey Publishing. p. 113. ISBN185532 260 9.
- ^'Archived copy'. Archived from the original on 2013-12-22. Retrieved December 22, 2013.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- ^GM Powertrain. '07 Hydramatic 4L series'. General Motors. Retrieved January 5, 2014.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^GM powertrain. '07 Hydramatic 4L Series Specs'. General Motors. Retrieved January 5, 2014.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- 4L85E - To 800 HP
4L85E - To 800 HP
4l85e Transmission Identification
4L85E Level 1
SuperMatic 4L85-E 4-Speed Transmission
Newly designed for use on our ZZ572/720 crate engine
4l85e Transmission Filter
All new parts, including additional clutch plates
Improved valve body for firmer shifts
Direct bolt-on for Gen 1 small block and all big blocks
Gear ratios: 1st: 2.48, 2nd: 1.48, 3rd: 1.00, 4th: 0.75
4l85e Transmission Pan
All package include;
Dipstick tube seal and indicator
Bell housing hardware
Torque converter bolts
Neutral safety switch
Trans selector lever
2wd trans includes yoke
Trans electronics if purchased with engine package
Find Similar Products by Category
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!