Citrix Receiver is a tool that can be installed on your Mac and allows you to connect to Citrix virtualization tools such as XenDesktop. It has now been superseded by Citrix Workspace. If you don’t need Citrix Receiver on your Mac anymore, you can safely delete it. The internet doesn’t provide enough information on how to uninstall Citrix Receiver from your Mac. So we decided to share our instructions to help you easily remove Citrix Receiver. Here, we’ll show you how to do just that.
Citrix Receiver wont work on Catalina (on MAC) Message says:- citrix Viewer is required to start the app. Install Citrix Receiver and try again. General Questions - Discussions Seamlessly Migrate on-premises Citrix ADM to Citrix Cloud For more information refer to - Migrate on-premises Citrix ADM to Citrix Cloud. Install the Citrix Receiver Workspace by following these steps: Input your computer user name/password here to approve installation. Do NOT click Add Account, just click continue to finish installation. Ans - Citrix Receiver is a component that needs to be installed to access Citrix Applications and Desktops from a Mac device, without installing receiver you won’t be able to access. Q3 - What is the need of Device’s User name and Password? Mar 05, 2021 Citrix Workspace app for Mac supports the following operating systems: macOS Big Sur (11.2.2) macOS Big Sur (11.0.1 and 11.1) macOS Catalina (10.15). Apr 07, 2021 macOS Catalina support. Citrix Workspace app for Mac is supported on macOS Catalina. Note: When opening Citrix Workspace app for Mac and Citrix Viewer for the first time on macOS Catalina, the OS prompts users to allow notifications from Citrix Viewer. Click Allow to receive notifications related to Citrix Workspace app for Mac. Cipher suite update.
What is Citrix Receiver?
It’s the local component of the Citrix suite of tools that allows you to run virtual desktops on your computer. With Citrix Receiver you can get remote desktop access to a certain server. It’s a useful way of running, say, Windows, without actually installing Windows, using Boot Camp or virtualization tools like Parallels Desktop and VMWare fusion.
Everything you do in Citrix Desktop is done on a server and so no files you create or add are saved on your Mac. This means you can log into your Citrix Workspace from any computer and use the same applications and files.
Do you need Citrix Receiver on your Mac?
Some companies require their employees to use Citrix Receiver to make sure the connection between the servers and computers is secure. If you want to connect to remote servers for personal purposes, you may also find Citrix Receiver useful. But, if you have had Citrix Receiver on your Mac for years and haven’t used it, you probably don’t need it. So, it’s better to uninstall the tool to avoid its files cluttering your Mac
Before we start walking through the manual process of uninstalling Citrix Receiver, we would like to introduce a much easier way. CleanMyMac X’s Uninstaller utility can help you uninstall almost any app, including Citrix Receiver, with just a couple of clicks. The advantage of using CleanMyMac X, rather than the manual method below is that it’s quicker, it removes all the associated files automatically, and you can uninstall multiple apps at the same time.Read more about CleanMyMac
How to uninstall Citrix Receiver (or Citrix Workspace) from your Mac
- Navigate to your Downloads folder and locate the installer package you downloaded when you first installed Citrix Receiver. If you no longer have it, you can download it again from the Citrix website.
- Double-click the package to extract it and mount the dmg file.
- Open the disk image and look for the uninstaller file. Double-click it to launch it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- When you’re done, reboot your Mac.
In addition to running the uninstaller, Citrix advises that you may also need to manually remove some files. Here’s how to do that.
- Go to your Applications folder and check if Citrix Receiver.app is still there. If so, drag it to the Trash.
- In the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose Go to Folder.
- Type /Library in the box.
- Look for the following files and drag them to the Trash
- Go back to the Go menu and this time, type
/Users/Sharedin the box. Find the
/Citrix/ReceiverIntegration folder and drag it to the Trash.
- Now, navigate to /Library from the Go menu and locate the following files, then drag them to the Trash.
- Go to /Applications and drag any applications you added previously in Citrix Receiver to the Trash.
- Finally, go to /private/var/db/recipients and drag these two files to the Trash:
- Empty the Trash.
You’ll notice from the list above that some of the files you need to remove manually are Launch Agents. These are files that launch when you start up your Mac and enable some of the functions of the application. Lots of apps and services install launch agents and they can sometimes cause problems on your Mac or just clutter your startup drive. There may as well be leftover launch agents of the applications you have previously installed and then removed. Citrix Receiver also has launch agents that may be left on your Mac even after you delete the tool. CleanMyMac has a special tool for identifying and removing launch agents.
/Application Support/Citrix Receiver
We’re not done yet. One of Citrix’s most important features is Follow Me, a cloud data tool that allows you to log in on different devices and use the same workspace, with all your files intact as you left them last time you logged in. When you uninstall Citrix Receiver, you may also have to manually uninstall Follow Me data on your Mac.
How to remove Follow Me data from your Mac
- In the Go menu in the Finder, type
/Applications/Citrix/FollowMeDatato access the hidden folder. Drag the files inside it to the Trash.
- Next, drag these installation information files to the Trash.
- Go to /ShareFile and delete the files in the folder
- Finally, navigate to /private/var/db/receipts and get rid of these two files
- Empty the Trash.
com.citrix.ShareFile.installer.bomBlender open movie spring download.
Once you’ve done all of that, you should have removed all the files associated with Citrix Receiver. That’s quite a few steps.
If you’d rather do it the easy way, using CleanMyMac X, here’s how you do it.
- Download, install, and launch CleanMyMac X.
- Choose the Uninstaller tool in the sidebar.
- Locate Citrix Receiver in the list of apps in the main window.
- Check the box next to it.
- Press Uninstall.
That’s it! Citrix Receiver will now be uninstalled and all its associated files removed from your Mac.
Citrix Receiver Mac Catalina Miscellaneous Error
Citrix Receiver is a popular tool for running virtual desktops on a Mac. However, it has now been superseded by Citrix Workspace. That’s one reason you might want to uninstall Receiver. You can do that manually, but as you can see above it’s a long process involving lots of files. CleanMyMac X can help you optimize the process and make sure there is no leftover data on your Mac.