Citrix Workspace & Mac Big Sur Ask question Announcements. Seamlessly Migrate on-premises Citrix ADM to Citrix Cloud. For more information refer to. I've been experiencing loginwindow/Workspace crashes on my new 2019 Mac Pro (Mac Pro 7,1 3.3GHz 12-core Intel Xeon W, 48GB DDR4 ECC RAM - 10.15.4 - 2TB SSD - AMD Radeon Pro 580X 8GB - 27' LG Ultrafine 5K Display) when I wake the display. This happens reliably when I'm running Citrix Workspace sessions. Citrix Workspace App Workspace app for Mac Subscribe to RSS notifications of new downloads. Workspace app for Mac. Citrix Workspace app 2104 for Mac. Apr 7, 2021 NEW. The latest version will be for the latest OS, which is currently (11.0 “Big Sur”). If you are running an earlier OS, you will need to download an earlier version of the Workspace App. When installing the Workspace App please ignore the section asking you to “Add Account”.
What is supported
- Standalone scanners.
- Dedicated virtual channel for printing. For more information, see https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX137939 and https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/printing.html
- UPD postscript printer drivers, provided the following conditions are met :
- The printer driver is installed on the macOS client.
- Core printing on macOS can work with the vendor-provided driver successfully.
- Changes in macOS impact the printing behavior (core printing APIs on macOS). Core Printing APIs have not been updated lately and might be prone to errors. For example, we had issues with double-sided printing on Catalina, which were resolved in Big Sur.
What is not supported
- Multi-function scanners. A multifunction is a composite device that has more than one interface.
- USB device splitting feature in GUSB virtual channel. Citrix Workspace app on Mac does not have the capability to differentiate between different interfaces of a composite device. This problem is not limited to our app, but printing on macOS in general. For more information, see https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5244577. On some printers, when printed from a session in Citrix Workspace app on Mac, printing is always either duplex or single sided depending on the printer. It ignores the Duplex/Single-sided settings issued from the VDA. This is a limitation on the macOS. When using the core printing Apple framework, macOS printing is being overridden by the printing settings in the CUPS printing system. This is a new behavior on the macOS 10.15 (Catalina) onwards. As a workaround, change the settings in CUPS printing system on macOS. You have to manually set the Duplex/Single-sided settings on CUPS.
- Printer redirection through third party drivers.
External dependencies for printing (Apple/HP)
Citrix Workspace For Mac Big Sur Update
- macOS drivers for creating the print job.
- Print support for macOS is very fragile as we depend on HP driver on VDA, explicitly signed by Microsoft. This is a limitation for compatibility with macOS.
- On VDA 'HP LaserJet PS 2800 (Microsoft)' drivers signed by Microsoft is mandatorily required for client printer redirection on macOS.
- macOS default: https://www.howtogeek.com/309677/how-to-stop-two-side-printing-from-being-the-default-in-macos/ workaround may be used to change settings in the CUPS daemon.