Sorenson said Citrix was a logical partner for the project, because Illinois was already using some of the company’s products in a more limited capacity, including Remote PC Access, Workspace. Citrix Workspace Application Installation Instructions. You must use the Citrix Workspace App to connect to the Virtual Application. It must be @uic.edu, @uis.edu or @illinois.edu. To locate your apps click on the 3 bar menu in the upper left corner. Click the down arrow next to Apps and then all apps. Your available apps. Citrix Workspace app can be installed by both a user and an administrator. Administrator privileges are required only when using pass-through authentication and Citrix Ready workspace hub with Citrix Workspace app for Windows.
Instructions for uploading and downloading files in UIUC AnyWare
For more information about the service itself, please visit UIUC AnyWare Overview
Once you are connected to your virtual desktop or application you can use data from your local computer including any drives, network or cloud storage that are mapped to your local computer. Citrix Workspace creates a connection back to your local computer. This will allow you to open and save your files from and to your local computer. You do not need to copy them to the server or email them to yourself.
Clean up memory. NOTE: Files you save on UIUC AnyWare systems will be lost at the end of your session. Make sure to download the files you wish to keep.
First, connect to UIUC AnyWare with the following instructions: Connecting to UIUC AnyWare.
Citrix Workspace Uiuc Student
Then, depending on your method of connection, follow the appropriate steps below:
Citrix Workspace (Recommended)
- Navigate to This PC
- In order to both download and upload files, allow Read/write access when the below warning shows up. You may optionally check the box at the bottom to keep this setting for future sessions.macOS
- You will see your drives appear as below, where Computer Name will show your local computer name.
- Double-click on the relevant drive and interact with it how you would locally.
Https Ra Illinois Citrix Soweb
Citrix Workspace Uiuc Webmail
- Place your mouse over the drop-down menu at the top and center of your screen and click on the Citrix icon
- In the resulting menu click on either the Download icon or the Upload icon to do what you need.
- In the resulting prompt, navigate to the file(s) you wish to upload or download
- If you choose download, then your browser will download the file according to your browser's settings
- If you choose upload, you will receive another prompt asking where you want the file(s) to go on the remote computer
|Keywords:||uiuc anyware. uiucanyware, citrix, citrix workspace, remote apps, remote, remote computers, browser connection, virtual apps, virtual, vcl, virtual computer lab, vdi, virtual desktop infrastructure, desktop, applications, file management, files, one drive, cloud, file save, file saving, anywhere Suggest keywords||Doc ID:||105140|
|Owner:||ICS T.||Group:||University of Illinois Technology Services|
|Created:||2020-08-20 14:23 CDT||Updated:||2021-02-01 11:05 CDT|
|Sites:||University of Illinois Technology Services|
|Feedback:||00CommentSuggest a new documentSubscribe to changes|