- How To Clean My Phone Memory
- How To Clean My Phone Memory Stick
- How To Clean The Memory On My Phone
- How To Clean My Phone Memory Machine
- How To Clean My Phone Memory Card
- How To Clean Your Phone Memory Android
Apr 27, 2011 One method would be to carry out backup to memory card, go to Menu Applications Office File mgr. Backup and then remove memory card from device. 360 Cleaner is one of the best Android cleaner apps and helps to increase your phone’s storage space. It also helps you to clean the cache and also boosts your memory. It serves as the app manager, processor cooler and also saves power immensely. It helps your phone work as an optimizer and also frees up memory and cools your phone.
RAM is one of the most crucial hardware in your iPhone that runs your device smoothly. If you feel that your iPhone is running slow or lagging, then it’s time to clear the RAM to speed up your iPhone along with other measures like restarting and force quitting apps. Before we get started, let’s quickly understand a bit more about RAM and why to reset it.
What is RAM on the iPhone?
RAM stands for random access memory and it is also known as volatile working memory. In the simplest terms, it is where all active processes on your iPhone are carried out.
iOS has excellent RAM management. But when you continuously have too many activities going at once, like running multiple graphics-intensive games, editing apps, streaming over LTE, etc. your iPhone may struggle to keep up, especially if it’s an older device.
When this happens, you will notice that your phone’s performance becomes sluggish. The keyboard may take time to launch, there can be a delay in swiping gestures or button presses, and the phone may heat up excessively. In such situations, freeing up RAM can be helpful.
What Does Clearing RAM Do on iPhone?
Clearing RAM frees up some processing power on your iPhone. This is done by discarding any unnecessary information in the background. On the surface, nothing changes, but you will experience the difference when operating your device. With reduced information to handle, your iPhone will speed up and run smoother. It’s a completely safe and effective way of boosting the performance of your device. So now that you have a basic idea, let’s learn how to reset RAM on any iPhone model.
How to Clear RAM on iPhone with AssistiveTouch
On newer devices, namely iPhone 12 mini, 12, 11 Pro Max, iPhone XR, X, iPhone SE 2020, and iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, you can reset RAM with AssistiveTouch. Here’s what to do:
Step #1. Open the Settings app on your device and tap Accessibility.
Step #2. Now, Tap on Touch → AssistiveTouch.
Step #3. Turn on the button next to AssistiveTouch.
Step #4. Now go back to Settings and tap General.
Step #5. From the end, tap Shut Down.
Step #6. Tap once on the AssistiveTouch button. Finally, touch and hold the virtual Home button in AssistiveTouch. Leave it when the iPhone’s screen flashes and returns to Lock screen.
RAM has been successfully cleared on your iPhone. Enter the password if asked.
How to Clear RAM on iPhone using Home and Power button
On older iPhones, clearing RAM is faster as it does not require AssistiveTouch. Let’s look at the process for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, iPhone SE, and iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, 6, and 6 Plus. Here’s what to do:
Step #1. Press and hold the Power button until you see the slide to power off option.
Step #2. Release the Power button and Hold down the Home button about 5 seconds.
After a few seconds, your screen will flash blank that means you have successfully cleared RAM on your iPhone. Enter the password if asked.
That’s all, folks!
There are steps to free up RAM on your iPhone. After this, your smartphone will run more smoothly and there should not be any lag. Return to this trick whenever your time with the device seems to be a little under the weather. Please reach us using the comments section if you’re looking for any more iOS information.
Read Next:© Provided by Business Insider You can clear your iCloud storage on your iPhone, iPad and by going to the iCloud website on your Mac. SOPA Images/Getty Images
- You can clear an iCloud account's storage in several ways to free up space and avoid having to pay for extra storage.
- Apple gives you 5 GB of iCloud storage with the purchase of one of its devices, and that can fill up fast.
- Most often, your iCloud storage goes towards backing up your photos, files, voice memos, apps, and text messages.
Unless you pay for an iCloud subscription, Apple gives you 5GB of storage with any device's purchase. That's not a lot of space, and you can quickly find that you don't have enough room for your photos, iCloud Drive files, and other data from your phone or tablet.
You can upgrade your iCloud subscription, but it's cheaper to clear out space in your iCloud account. You can delete files, photos, app backups, voice memos, and more from your iCloud Drive directly on your Apple device or through the iCloud website.
Typically, these things and all their associated data get backed up to iCloud by default. This can be both a blessing and a curse, particularly if the things you want to be backed up take up a lot of storage space. But you can save a substantial amount of space by disabling automatic backups, especially when it comes to your largest apps.
You can also delete text messages and any of the videos or images attached to them. While deleting individual texts won't save much space, you can remove entire conversations and the media associated with them, which can help significantly.
Here's how to clear your iCloud storage and free up more space.
How to clear iCloud storage
Delete photos from iCloud storage
By default, iCloud backs up all your photos and videos to the cloud. Over time, that adds up to a lot of pictures. You can save space by deleting any images you no longer want. It's possible to do this from your iPhone, iPad, or the iCloud website. As long as Google Photos is enabled, any pictures you delete in one location are automatically deleted everywhere. Here's how to delete photos from iCloud.
Delete files and folders from the iCloud website
1. Open iCloud.com in a browser.
2. Log in with your Apple ID.
3. Click 'iCloud Drive.'
4. To delete a folder, select it and then click the Delete icon.
5. To delete files, double-click a folder.
6. Hold down CTRL while clicking each file.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider You can remove a single or multiple iCloud files using the CTRL-key. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
7. Select the Delete icon.
Delete unwanted files in iCloud Drive from your iPad or iPhone
1. On your iPhone or iPad, launch the Files app.
2. Tap 'Browse' at the bottom of the screen.
3. In the Locations section, select 'iCloud Drive.'© Dave Johnson/Business Insider You can delete files and folders to free up space in iCloud using the Files app on your iPhone or iPad. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
4. To delete an entire folder, tap 'Select' in the screen's top right.
5. Then, choose the folder and tap the Delete icon.
6. To delete files, open the folder they're contained in.
7. Use 'Select' to choose files and delete them.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider Select each file you want to delete and then send them to the trash. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
Delete app backups from iCloud on your iPhone or iPad
How To Clean My Phone Memory
1. Start the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap your account name at the top of the screen.
3. Select 'iCloud.'
4. Choose 'Manage Storage' on the next screen.
5. Tap 'Backups.'
6. A list of your Apple devices being backed up to iCloud will appear. Select the name of the device you are currently using.
7. In the Choose Data to Back Up section, you should now see a list of the five apps that take up the most space on iCloud.
8. Turn off the backup feature for any of these apps by swiping the button to the left.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider You can save a lot of storage space by not backing up your largest apps. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
9. To see more options and disable more apps by tapping 'Show All Apps.'
10. Repeat this process for any of your other Apple devices from that respective device.
Delete voice memos from iCloud on your iPhone or iPad
1. Start the Voice Memos app on your iPad or iPhone
2. Swipe a voice memo to the left.
3. Tap the Delete icon.
How To Clean My Phone Memory Stick© Dave Johnson/Business Insider You can delete any voice memo, but you'll need to remove it from the Recently Deleted section to reclaim the space immediately. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
4. Select 'Recently Deleted.'
How To Clean The Memory On My Phone
5. Tap the recording you just deleted.
6. Choose 'Delete' to permanently remove the voice memo, which will be erased on its own after 30 days.
Delete text messages and their large attachments on an iPhone or iPad
1. On your iPhone or iPad, start the Messages app.
2. Locate a conversation that has attachments you want to remove.
3. Select the person's name at the top of the screen.
How To Clean My Phone Memory Machine
4. Choose 'Info.'© Dave Johnson/Business Insider A contact's info can often be found by tapping the 'i' icon. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
5. On the Details page, photos should appear in a grid. Scroll and tap the 'See All Photos' link below them.
6. Tap 'Select' at the top of the screen.
7. Select each photo you want to remove.
8. Tap 'Delete.'
9. Go to the iMessage app.
10. Select the text thread you want to delete.
11. Swipe it to the left.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider This method will delete an entire conversation, including all its photo and video attachments. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
How To Clean My Phone Memory Card
12. Tap 'Delete.'