Don’t you hate it when Android devices don’t have expandable memory? Do you need more storage? Free up some space! Here are some tips on how YOU can free up. If your Android phone is always running out of storage, try these easy steps to get more space back on your phone. Read more about freeing up space on your A. Jun 05, 2020 Tap the blue CLEAN NOW button. This button will delete all the cached, residual and advertisement files on your Galaxy to free up some storage. This button will display how much extra space you can gain by cleaning unnecessary data. For example, if the button is labeled (+100 MB), you will gain 100 megabytes of storage space by cleaning now. If you're running Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your device, like my Huawei Android 6.0, simply click on Files and then Clean up. This only can clear your app's cache, your app residual trash, unused app packages will also be detected and, on the advanced management of storage, you can check all your data usage exhaustively, and select certain contents to clean up.
- Storage Space Boston
- How To Clean Android Storage
- How To Clean Up Your Android Phone
- Storage Space Cincinnati
- Free Storage Space On Android
- How To Clean Up Storage Space On Android
- How To Clean Android Phone
No matter how large your internal storage is, you cannot install unlimited applications and store large amounts of files all the time. In another word, your Android phone storage will be full sooner or later. When there is no enough storage space, and you need to update your Android or install one important application, what will you do? And what if you want to sell or donate your personal smart phone to someone else? Can you protect your private information effectively?
Therefore, you had better clear phone storage regularly no matter the phone storage is full or not. Though you can move certain files and apps to microSD card or other external hard drives, it is still important to clear memory Android to maintain the normal operating space. Fortunately, this article collects some useful and easy-to-operate solutions. As a result, you are able to free up storage and memory space with ease.
Part 1: How to Clear Phone Storage
You can try the traditional way to clear phone storage space on Android by deleting useless files. And it is also supported to install an Android cleaner app to save your overstuffed mobile. Moreover, this article also shows how to get more space on your phone without deleting anything. You can read and choose the certain solution to free up space on Android.
Delete Your Downloads
To download more apps and media files, or clear system memory, you can delete some less important files manually. If you are not sure whether you will use those files in the further or not, you can backup Android files to cloud storage space in advance.
Step 1. Locate your download folder
Every Android phone has its own download folder. All your downloaded photos, videos, documents and other files will be stored in the local downloads folder. In some Android models, this folder may be called as 'My Files' as well.
Step 2. Clear internal phone storage on Android
Turn to your download history and find files you want to delete. Just long press one file to select it. Later, click 'Remove' or other trashcan icon to delete downloads when internal storage Android full.
Clear the Cache
Furthermore, you need to clear cached data on your Android phone regularly. And you will not lose any sensitive or important Android data. In most cases, cleaning app cache is the first decision you can make.
Method 1: Clear cached data from an Android app.
Open 'Settings' app. Choose 'Applications' and scroll down to click 'Application Manager'. Later, you can find the target application. When you are in the Application info page, click 'Storage' and then choose 'Clear Cache' to clear the cache on Android.
Storage Space Boston
Method 2: Clear all cached data on Android
Go to 'Settings' and click 'Storage' under its list. Kindle for macbook air. Find and click 'Cached data'. When you are prompted with 'This will clear cached data for all apps.', choose 'OK' to confirm. After that, you can clear phone memory Android successfully.
Take Advantage of Google Photos
Actually, Google Photos app is a good cloud storage tool that allows users to backup unlimited photos over the air. Thus, you can move all pictures from Android to Google Photos to free up more space on Android.
Step 1. Turn on Google Photos backup feature
Run Google Photos app on your Android phone. Make sure you have turned on 'Back up & sync' feature under 'Settings' already.
Step 2. Backup Android photos to Google Photos
You can set whether to backup Android photos at high quality resolution or original size. Well, Google Photos only offers unlimited storage space for high quality photos at present.
Step 3. Clear phone storage space on Android
How To Clean Android Storage
Then go back to Settings app and choose 'Free up device storage'. Click 'Remove' to delete Android pictures that have been backed up.
Move APPs to the Trash
If you have not used the certain application for a long time, and you are sure that you have no interest to use this app any more, then why don't you move it to the trash?
Step 1. Access all Android apps
Navigate 'Settings' app. Head to 'Storage' and click 'Apps'. Later, you can see all installed apps sorted by size.
Step 2. Clear phone storage on Android by deleting apps
Hold and press the app you do not use. then click the 'i' icon besides your app's name. Choose 'Uninstall' and confirm your change.
APP to Clear Phone Storage
By free installing Files Go from Google Play Store, you can visualize the left storage space exactly. And it is easy to clear phone storage on Android by deleting temporary files, downloads and other files easily.
Step 1. See all your Android files organized by Files Go
Launch Files Go and grant storage permissions and app access. Then you can monitor the storage usage including unused apps, duplicate files, temporary files, etc.
Step 2. Clear phone storage Android
Choose the certain category and select items you want to delete. Later, click 'Delete' to clean up your Android, or choose 'Clear' to uninstall apps and free up Android phone storage space.
Part 2: How to Get More Space on Your Phone without Deleting Anything
Android Data Backup & Restore is your best friend, which can backup and restore any Android data to Windows or Mac PC in one click. Thus, you can backup data to your computer to clear phone storage space on Android. It is quite easy to achieve, and no Android data will be overwritten.
- One click to backup and restore data from Android to Windows or Mac PC.
- Preview and select any data to restore to your Android without data loss.
- Set up password to encrypt your Android backup files.
- Work with over 5,000 Android portable devices including Samsung, Sony, LG, etc.
Step 1. Connect Android to PC
Launch Android Data Backup & Restore. Then use a lighting USB cable to connect your Android phone or tablet to your computer. Click 'One-click Backup' to backup all Android files to PC. Otherwise, you can click 'Device Data Backup' to backup certain Android file types without overwriting.
Step 2. Select data type to backup (optional)
If you want to backup Android data to your computer selectively, then you can select the data type in the popping up window.
Step 3. Backup data from Android to PC
Then choose 'Start' to backup Android data to PC immediately. And you can have a check when the backup is over.
After that, you can clear phone storage by deleting all Android files. If you accidentally deleted important files, just use this software as the backup extractor or to get deleted data back.
Well, it is also a good way that can increase internal storage Android in some degree. In addition, even though your Android device is broken or crashed, you can still access all important documents and medias files directly.
Updated: January 1, 2021 Home » Smartphone and Mobile » Google Android
Have you ever encounter the following warning from your Google Android Smartphone – Android storage space running out? This means you don’t have enough space to take more pictures or install apps. There are a few tips to clear your Android’s internal storage, they are – upload all of your photos to the cloud or upgrade your MicroSD Card (If it comes with one).
Related 2021 Article ➤ 8 Best Cloud Apps For Android – Online Photo Backup And Storage
The other method to fix storage space running out problem on Android is to clean the device of junk files. This can be done by factory restore the smartphone or use an App to clean up unwanted junks. Here are 4 of the best free apps when it comes to finding, cleaning and deleting junk files. Works great on Android 8.0 Oreo / Android 9.0 [ Popsicle, Pancakes or Pie ] smartphones such as Samsung Galaxy, Huawei Mate, Oppo, Vivo, XiaoMi, and Nokia.
↓ 01 – Norton Clean [ Memory Optimizer ] 10K Million Downloads 4.6/5 Stars
Clean residual cache system files left by uninstalled apps to free up Android phone or tablet disk space. Analyze and safely remove the junk files that take up your memory and storage space. Delete cache and residual files to free up phone, tablet and SD card storage space. The junk-creating behavior of millions of apps has been analyzed so that Norton Clean can intelligently and efficiently hone in on its targets (cache and residual files) with amazing accuracy. Clean cache for individual apps, receive recommendations for removal of rarely used apps and move 1apps to your SD memory card. Reclaim storage space on your Android phone or tablet by cleaning junk, removing residual files and optimizing device memory.
- Clean system cache
- Identify and remove junk, APK, and risidual files
- Optimize memory space
- Manage apps and get rid of bloatware
- Removes data from ads
↓ 02 – Clean Master [ Booster ] 3.6 Million Downloads 4.7/5 Stars
The most trusted and safe Android optimizer, junk file cleaner, speed booster, battery saver and free anti-virus app with over 740 million mobiles. Clean Master (Boost&Applock) helps accelerate Ram and clean up junk and cache files! Clean Master(Boost*Applock) also provides real-time protection with the #1 antivirus engine, and secures private data with app-lock function.
- Junk File Cleaning – The junk-creating behavior of millions of apps has been analyzed so that Clean Master can efficiently hone in on its targets (cache and residual files) with perfect accuracy. Delete cache and residual files to reclaim storage, boost speed and improve the performance of your device and SD card.
- Memory Boost – Boost your games and apps, free up memory (RAM), speed up your device and save more battery. Our 1 Tap Boost and Game Boost features make it easy to optimize directly from your home screen.
- Game Booster – Automatically improve your game speeds by 30%+ when launching games.
How To Clean Up Your Android Phone
↓ 03 – Power Clean [ Optimize Cleaner ] 1.3 Million Downloads 4.6/5 Stars
Is your Android device performance slowing down? Do unwanted Apps and redundant files occupy your mobile device’s storage space? Power Clean, the fast and powerful cleaner that helps you to free up storage, clean up memory, stop autostart Apps, remove or disable unnecessary Apps, know your device, optimize and speed up it. Just one click, you’ll be the Optimize Master of Android.
Power Clean is a small, fast, and smart Android device cleaner and performance booster featuring a junk cleaner, memory booster, device optimizer, app manager. With this app you can free up storage, boost RAM, remove or disable unnecessary Apps, lock apps, boost games and get your device running like new again.
- Junk Clean – Free up storage and optimize performance by removing old junk files and clutter such as system cache, residual file, cleaning out the download folder, and more.
- Memory Boost – Clean up memory (RAM) and optimize phone speed by removing redundant background tasks. Stop auto-start Apps to increase boot speed and reduce memory usage. 1-tap memory cleaner and booster widget makes it easy to clean your phone directly from the homescreen.
- Game Boost – Boost your game speed up to 80%+, say bye-bye to lagging!
- Duplicate Photos – Scan all the similar photos, find out the best one automatically and remove the duplicate photos to release more storage.
↓ 04 – CCleaner 660K Downloads 4.4/5 Stars
Keep your Android clean, safe and fast using CCleaner! Piriform, the makers of the world’s most popular PC and Mac cleaning software bring you CCleaner for Android. Remove junk, reclaim space, monitor your system and browse safely. Become the Master of your own device with the ultimate cleaning app for your Android!
Optimize and Clean
- Speed up your phone and remove junk safely
- Clean application cache, download folders, browser history, clipboard content and more
- Delete call logs and SMS messages individually, in bulk, by age or by contact
Storage Space Cincinnati
Reclaim Storage Space
Free Storage Space On Android
- Streamline your Android smartphone or tablet
- Quickly and easily uninstall multiple unwanted applications
- Free up valuable storage space on your device
How To Clean Up Storage Space On Android
↓ 05 – Avast Cleanup & Boost 455K Downloads 4.5/5 Stars
Free up space you didn’t know you had. Avast Cleanup is a highly effective cache and junk cleaner app for Android. Remove leftover files and unused apps with a simple tap, for a faster, more powerful phone. Avast Cleanup optimizes your phone’s performance and boosts its speed by removing unused junk from your mobile. No freezing, no lagging, no impatient sighs – just more space for the things you really want, like your favorite photos, videos, music, apps and more.
How To Clean Android Phone
- Remove Junk: Avast Cleanup quickly analyzes storage space on your phone and clears all unnecessary data.
- The smart Safe Clean feature instantly cleans up unimportant data, system caches, gallery thumbnails, installation files, residual or unused files, and APKs. With just one tap, you can easily delete accumulated data that has no purpose.
- The Advanced Cleaning option gives you a detailed overview of all the data on your phone.
- Uninstall applications in one tap to free up space.
- The Cleaner identifies and clears the biggest files, media, and apps on your device.
- Use the Ignore List to mark items on your device that you don’t want to be listed.
- Master your storage situation by optimizing your Android device and boost its speed.