If your computer's memory slots are full, some or all the memory chips need to be removed before other memory can be added. Below are the steps on how to remove memory from your computer.
Shutting down the computer is the only effective way of totally clearing computer RAM memory. Step 1 Close some programs that are currently running to partially clear computer RAM memory. Right-click on any program in the task bar and select the 'Close' option. In general, you have three different options for clearing your RAM manually: Empty the working memory via the task manager of your system Write a script that releases used memory Use an external tool that has a function for emptying RAM memory.Warning
How To Clear Ram On Lenovo Laptop
Before proceeding, make sure your machine is turned off and that you are grounded to avoid damage by ESD. We recommend using a ground wrist strap.
If the computer is not already opened, open the computer and locate the memory in the memory slots you want to remove.
If all memory slots are occupied and you don't know what memory to remove, use a third-party tool, such as the online Crucial Memory Scanner, to display your memory information. The picture is an example of what the results of this memory scanner may show. The example computer has 8 GB of memory with 2 GB memory cards in each of the available slots. If you wanted to upgrade this to a total of 16 GB of memory, you would remove all 2 GB memory sticks and replace them with 4 GB memory modules.
Once you've located the memory you want to remove, you should notice two tabs on either side of the memory slot, as shown in the picture below. Press each tab down and away from the memory slot. If done successfully, the memory should pop out and once both tabs are away from the memory module you can lift the memory out with no effort.
- See our memory definition for further information and related links.
The cache memory of RAM is a very small portion of the standard memory of your system, but the cache memory operates at a very high speed, allowing the applications/ programs to utilize its speed to run its users faster. But, sometimes due to memory leak or some bad exe files the amount of free cache memory can decrease, which eventually slows down your computer.
How To Clear Ram Space
Make your computer automatically clear RAM cache memory-
Follow these easy steps to free cache memory on your system-
1. Download EmptyStandbyList on your computer.
2. Choose a particular place and then click on “Save” to save the application.
Close the browser window.
3. Click on the Search box beside Windows icon and type “Task Scheduler“.
4. Click on “Task Scheduler” from the elevated Search result to open Task Scheduler.
5. In the Task Scheduler window, on the right-hand side, click on “Create Task…“.
6. In Create Task window, name the task “Cache Cleaner“.
7. Now, click on “Create User or Groups…“.
8. Click on “Advanced“.
9. In Select User or Groups window, click on “Find Now“.
10. In the Search results: scroll down and then select “SYSTEM“.
11. Finally, click on “OK” to save the changes.
12. Now, click on “OK” to save the changes.
13. Coming back to Create Task window, checkthe option “Run with highest privileges“.
14. Click on the drop-down beside ‘Configure for:’ and select “Windows 10“.
15. Now, go to the “Triggers” tab.
16. Click on “New…“.
17. In the New Trigger window, under ‘Advanced settings‘ set the ‘Repeat task every:’ to “5 minutes“.
18. And set ‘for a duration of:‘ to “Indefinitely“.
19. In the same window, checkthe option “Enabled“.
20. Click on “OK” to save the trigger settings.
21. Now, go to the “Actions” tab.
How To Clear Laptop Data
22. Then, click on “New…“.
23. In the New Action window, click on “Browse“.
24. Now, navigate to the location where you have downloaded the ‘EmptyStandbyList‘ application.
25. Select the application and then click on “Open“.
26. Now, click on “OK” to save the action.
27. Coming back to the “Create Task” window, click on “OK” to save the task.
28. In the Task Scheduler window, click on “Refresh” to refresh the tasks list.
That’s it! From now on at a regular interval of 5 minutes, this ‘Cache Cleaner‘ task will automatically run on your computer to clean cache memory.
In case if you want to delete this task, follow these simple steps to do so-
1. In the Task Scheduler window, on the left hand, select “Task Scheduler Library“.
2. On the right-hand side of the same window, scroll down to see the task “Cache Cleaner“.
3. Now, right-click on “Cache Cleaner“.
4. Then, click on “Delete” to delete the task from your computer.
5. Click on “Yes” when you will be asked for confirmation.
The ‘Cache Cleaner‘ task will be deleted from your computer.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.