IMessage iMessages are texts, photos, or videos that you send to another iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac over Wi-Fi or cellular-data networks. These messages are always encrypted and appear in blue text bubbles. To turn iMessage on or off, go to Settings Messages.
When someone sends you an SMS or MMS message on your iPhone, it appears as a green bubble. iMessages appear as blue bubbles. When you set up Text Message Forwarding, you can send and receive the SMS and MMS messages from your iPhone on any Mac, iPad, or iPod touch that meets the Continuity system requirements.
Set up text message forwarding
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.*
- Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.
As long as your iPhone is turned on and connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network, new SMS/MMS texts can be sent and received on the devices that you added.
iCloud now keeps your entire messages history updated and available on all your devices — even when you set up a new device. Learn how to keep all your messages in iCloud.
Iphone Sms Messages Not Received
* Don't see the Text Message Forwarding setting on your iPhone? Go to Settings > Messages, turn off iMessage, turn it back on, tap Send & Receive, tap Use Your Apple ID for iMessage, then sign in with the same Apple ID used on your other devices.
Forward older text messages
Iphone Sms Messages To Pc
Daniel craig and christopher plummer movie. IMessage: An iMessage is a type of text message that can only be sent from an Apple device to another Apple device, like an iPhone or an iPad. An iMessage can include standard text like an SMS message, but also photos, videos, and other add-ons like GIFs. IMessages require an internet connection (either through Wi-Fi or a data plan) and are. IMessage: An iMessage is a type of text message that can only be sent from an Apple device to another Apple device, like an iPhone or an iPad.
- Touch and hold the message bubble that you want to forward, then tap More.
- Select any other text messages that you want to forward.
- Tap Forward and enter a recipient.
- Tap Send .
Iphone Imessage Sms Switch
- Learn more about Messages.
- To forward an SMS/MMS from your iPhone, you need a text-messaging plan. Contact your wireless carrier for more information.
- Learn more about the Continuity features for your Apple devices.