In some cases, iMessages won’t sync between your iPhone and Mac after updating to iOS 13, or the latest iOS 14, you may wonder how to fix it. Read this post to get some practical and effective solutions to fix the messages sync issue quickly.
iPhone Messages Tips & Tricks
Usually this manifests as an inability to send messages through the app, or time-outs when attempting to send messages that seemingly take forever, or failed attempts at sending messages from the Mac, and in any case iMessage appears to not work properly or as expected in Mac OS. Use Messages with your Mac- Follow the steps in this article for your MacBook. Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch- If the issue is not receiving text messages from another device, follow the steps in this section to allow text messages to appear on your MacBook.
View iPhone Messages
Transfer iPhone Messages
Fix iPhone Messages Problems
iPhone Group Messaging Tips
More iPhone Messages Tricks
With iMessage enabled on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac that sharing the same Apple ID, you can reach the same iMessages threads on both your iDevice and Mac. But you may notice that some iPhone messages not syncing with Mac after updating to iOS 14.
In this article, we are going to show you some possible fixes to solve the problem of iMessage not syncing on the Mac issue. Applied to all iPhone and Mac models, including iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s/5s and MacBook Air/Pro, iMac Pro, etc.
Here we present you some possible solutions to fix the iMessage not syncing between your Mac and iPhone problem.
You May Like: How to Transfer Pictures from your iPhone to Computer >
Solution 1. Turn Off iMessage and Turn On It Again
How do I sync messages from my Mac to my iPhone? The first thing you should do when faced with this problem is trying to turn off iMessage on both the Mac and the iPhone and then turn it back on.
- On your iPhone: Go to Settings > Messages > Toggle off iMessage > Wait a few seconds and turn it back on.
- On your Mac: Open Messages app and click on Preferences > Choose Accounts> Click Sign Out > Wait a few seconds then sign back in.
- After the process completes, enable iMessage on both Mac and iPhone, you can check if the iMessages sync properly.
Solution 2. Check iMessage Settings on iPhone
Make sure you have activated all email addresses you want to use with iMessage:
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Tap on Messages.
- Choose Send & Receive.
- Under “YOU CAN BE REACHED BY IMESSAGE AT”, make sure the phone number or email address is checked.
Solution 3. Check iMessage Settings on Mac
- Open the Messages app on your Mac > Click “Messages” in the top menu.
- Click “preferences > Choose “Accounts”.
- Under the “You can be reached for messages at” section, make sure the phone number and Apple ID match the settings on your iPhone.
Solution 4. Confirm the Mobile Phone Number with Apple ID
- Go to appleid.apple.com and log in with your Apple ID and password
- Under “Account” make sure you are reachable at correct phone numbers and email addresses.
Solution 5. Log in with the same Apple ID
On you Mac make sure you login with the same Apple ID as you used on the iPhone:
- Open the “Messages” app > Go to “Preferences”.
- Click on the “Accounts” button > Click Enable this account.
- Select the email address you have registered with the Apple ID.
Also Read: How to Get Photos from iPhone to Mac >
Bonus Tip: Transfer iPhone Messages to PC/Mac in Readable Format
You can manually transfer messages from iPhone or iPad to your computer with an iPhone transfer tool named AnyTrans. It is a one-stop iPhone data manager.
AnyTrans – iPhone Messages Transfer
- Transfer iPhone Messages to Computer in 1 click.
- Allow you to view messages on the computer directly.
- Save iPhone messages to computer in PDF, TEXT, or HTML format.
- Transfer Messages from one iPhone to Another with no data loss.
Mac quit vim. Free Download100% Clean & Safe
Free Download100% Clean & Safe
AnyTrans also supports transferring photos, videos, music, contacts, notes, call history, and more, from iPhone to computer and vice versa, or between iPhones.
Now, download AnyTrans on your computer and sync messages and iMessages to your Mac easily. It supports iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s/6/5s/SE and MacBook, MacBook Air/Pro, iMac Pro, etc.
Alternative Way to Get iPhone Messages to Mac
The Bottom Line
Text Messages Not Coming Through On Mac
That’s all about how to fix the message not syncing between iPhone and Mac. The above methods also can be used to fix the message sync issues, like iMessage on Mac not updating, iMessage not working on Mac, etc. If you have any other advice on solving the iPhone messages not syncing problem, please share it in the comment section below. At the same time, don’t forget to download AnyTrans to give it a try >
More Related Articles
Messages Not Coming In On Mac
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >