When you hear an incredible, new song and want to know the name so you can share it with friends, you turn to Shazam. But you might not know that you can do this through Snapchat; it's built right into the app.
Here's how to find out the details of that song and pass it along without even downloading Shazam. Readme markup language.
SEE ALSO: Snapchat's newest feature is a game changer for concerts
The whole process is pretty simple.
When a song is playing, just press and hold your screen when the Snapchat camera is open. You'll get a pop up information screen that gives you the song's name and artist. It will also have buttons for 'Song Info,' 'Send,' and 'Dismiss.' If you just wanted to know the name of the song, hit Dismiss.
- Now start Shazam-ing right inside your Snapchat app and spread the musical love. WATCH: This snake-like robot can destroy radioactive objects with a laser Get our hottest stories delivered to your.
- Snapchat's Shazam feature should be able to pick up the sound using your device's microphone, and will show a moving cycle of music notes and icons as it listens. This icon will appear where you.
Snapchat has gone one further and completely blown away their competition by partnering with Shazam and added the music searching service directly into their interface. How to Use Shazam on Snapchat. As always, in order to get the new feature, you will have to make sure the version of Snapchat you have installed on your phone is up to date.
To actually listen to the song, hit Song Info. This will once again display the song title and artist, but more options are available as you scroll.
You can listen to the song on Spotify, Apple Music, or with an inserted YouTube video. You can even scroll down to view all of the lyrics within the app.
Below the lyrics, you'll find a list of three recommended songs from the same or similar artists. 'See All' will give you even more suggestions. Tap on on a new song to start listening to it right away.
To send the song to your friends, hit the Send button. Select which friends or groups you want to share with and proceed just like any other snap you'd send.
And that's everything! The whole process is super simple and quick, so don't worry about it being too much of a hassle. Now start Shazam-ing right inside your Snapchat app and spread the musical love.
While Shazam exists as its own app to recognise music, you can also use the service within Snapchat as well.
If there’s a song playing nearby that you don’t know, you can use Snapchat’sShazam feature to quickly learn the title and artist. You’ll then have the option to view it in Apple Music or Spotify.
Once you begin scanning songs, you’ll be able to find a list of all the songs you’ve identified within your Snapchat settings.
Here’s how to Shazam a song on Snapchat, using the mobile app for iPhone and Android devices.
How to Shazam a song on Snapchat
1. Open Snapchat on your iPhone or Android, and stay on the camera screen.
2. Press and hold your finger on the camera screen while music plays in the background. Snapchat’s Shazam feature should be able to pick up the sound using your device’s microphone, and will show a moving cycle of music notes and icons as it listens.
3. As soon as Shazam recognises the song, a pop-up will appear with the cover art, song title, and artist name. Tap the “Listen” option to open a music streaming app, or the “Song Info” option to view more details. You can also tap the three dots in the upper-right corner to share or send the song.
4. On the information page, you can play a preview of the song, or scroll down to see the song’s lyrics. Swipe down to close the window.
5. You may also find the “Song Finder” option on your camera screen, among your filters. This Song Finder works the same way as using Shazam normally, and will give you the same results.
Shazam Not Working
Once you’ve Shazamed a song, it’ll be added to a list of all the songs you’ve identified. To find that list:
How to see a list of songs you Shazam’d on Snapchat
1. Open Snapchat and tap your profile icon in the upper-left corner.
Shazam In Snapchat Not Working
2. Tap the gear icon in the upper-right corner of your profile page to open your settings.Open the Settings menu.Marissa Perino/Business Insider
3. In the Settings menu, scroll down until you find “Shazam” on the list. Tap it.Open the “Shazam” menu.Marissa Perino/Business Insider
4. This will open a list of all the songs you’ve Shazamed recently. Scroll through the list and tap on a song to view its details, or swipe the left to tap “Delete.” This will remove it from the list.You can delete songs off your Shazam list.Marissa Perino/Business Insider
Product Card Module: 11 Card size: smallProduct Card Module: Galaxy S10 Card size: small