You may know Shazam as a standalone application that enables you to identify music. But did you know that Shazam is also accessible through Apple Music, Snapchat, Spotify, Deezer, and others? That’s right! Shazam is free for your iPhone and can easily sync with the mentioned services. It’s just some additional steps you need to be aware of to use it to the fullest. Let’s learn about how to use Shazam with Apple Music, Spotify, Snapchat, and more.
- How to use Shazam with Apple Music on your iPhone
- How to play Shazam music with Spotify using iPhone
- How to use Shazam in Snapchat using your iPhone
Note: To use Shazam with Apple Music, you must have an active Apple Music subscription. It also allows you to add Shazam songs to your playlist with ease.
Apple is offering a 5-month subscription to new Apple Music customers, with a little help from its Shazam music recognition app and country legend Dolly Parton. Apple is offering up to a five-month free trial of Apple Music to new users of the streaming service, with the promotion appearing in the company's Shazam music identification app. Feb 11, 2021 Connect Shazam to Apple Music or Spotify. If you use both Apple Music and Spotify and have decided which one to connect, the rest is easy. You can connect: Open the Shazam app on your mobile device. Jan 05, 2021 In Shazam on the device that you've signed in to with your Apple ID, tap the Settings button on the My Music screen. Tap Import Shazams, then follow the prompts to import your Shazams from your other account. These will be added to your Shazam Library and backed up to iCloud. Repeat for any other Shazam accounts you might have. The sync shazams to Apple Music doesn't work anymore. Each time I shazam a new track, it's not automatically added into My Shazam Tracks Playlist in Apple Music just like it used to do in the past. I have already disconnected and reconnected with Apple Music, didn't solve the issue. I use an iPhone 11 Pro with ios 14.2. Anyone else having this.
There are a host of features that can further personalize your ‘Shazaming’ experience. Here are a few steps that can help you do more with Shazam and Apple Music.
How to use Shazam with Apple Music on your iPhone
- Open the Shazam app and swipe up to access the library.
- Tap the settings icon at the top left corner. Ensure your device is connected with Apple Music.
- If it’s already connected, beneath will be the option to Sync Shazams to Apple Music.
- If it’s on, your Shazams will be auto-listed in Apple Music. You can choose to turn it off to stop auto-syncing.
- The Shazam’d songs can be accessed in the library section of Apple Music titled, ‘My Shazam Tracks.‘
Delete Shazam songs from Apple Music
- Open the library in Apple Music.
- Tap My Shazam Tracks.
- Slide right to left the song you want to delete to unveil the ‘Delete’ option towards the right.
- Tap to confirm.
How to play Shazam music with Spotify using iPhone
You need to first connect your Spotify account with Shazam to play songs. Here’s how to do so.
Connect Shazam to your Spotify account
- In the Shazam app, go to the library section (swipe up the screen).
- Tap the Settings icon located at the top left corner.
- Now tap ‘Connect’ next to Spotify.
- Tap Open to confirm. This will redirect you to the Spotify app.
- Scroll to the bottom of the following window and authenticate by tapping Agree.
- The following window will bring you back to the Shazam app seeking permission to sync your Shazams to Spotify.
- Tap ok to confirm.
Turn off Auto-syncing your Shazams to the Spotify app
- Swipe up to access Shazams library.
- Tap the settings icon.
- Turnoff the toggle in front of ‘Sync Shazams to Spotify.‘
- Tap turn off to confirm.
Now that you have connected Shazam with Spotify, you can listen to your Shazams on Spotify. Let me show you how;
Listen to your Shazams with Spotify
- Open the Shazam app and select a song from the library by tapping the playbutton. This will only play a 30-second preview.
- To listen to the complete song, tap the Spotify button next to it.
- Tap open to confirm your action.
- Also, to play your Shazam tracks directly from Spotify, tap Your Library > select My Shazam Tracks.
Despite being an individual app, Shazam can also help you identify a song through Snapchat. Once the song is identified, you can eventually select the option to open it in Apple Music or Spotify. Here’s how to access Shazam in Snapchat.
How to use Shazam in Snapchat using your iPhone
- Open the Snapchat app and long-press the camera screen while listening to a song in the background.
- Tap the play icon and select the app to play your music (Apple Music in my case).
- You can also tap more info. This will open Shazams info page of the song. Here again, you’ll have the option to play a song using your preferred app.
Shazam Apple Music 6 Months
Find a list of your Shazam’d songs in Snapchat
- In the Snapchat app, tap your profile at the top left corner.
- Now, tap the Settings icon at the top right corner to reach settings.
- Scroll the settings page to locate Shazam.
- Tap to access your list of Shazam’d songs.
- To delete a song from the list, long-press and hit Delete.
Listen to your Shazams on Deezer
Like other apps, you can open Shazam on Deezer by tapping the three vertical dots next to the song in the Shazam library and selecting Open in Deezer.
How to buy songs you’ve identified with Shazam
Tap the three vertical dots to open options and select Buy on iTunes to purchase a song identified on Shazam. Follow the instruction to complete the payment.
Q. Does Shazam know every song?
If the song is released and is available anywhere on the web, Shazam knows it. Play a song, and Shazam has it.
Q. Does it cost to use Shazam?
No!! It’s free of cost.
Q. Is Shazam on Disney plus?
That’s a different Shazam you are probably talking about. The Shazam on Disney plus is a 2019 superhero movie and not the application.
Stop listening to music, start Shazaming!
We tend to come across songs that we have heard for the first time but wish to have them in our playlist. Shazam is a great way to identify these songs and keep them stored in your playlist.
Do you Shazam? Share your answer in the comment section below.
Shazam On Apple Music Download
On iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, you can save your Shazams in iCloud so you can access your Shazams on your other Apple devices. On Android, you can create a Shazam account to save your Shazams and access them on your Android devices.
Clear out ram. And if you have multiple accounts, you can merge Shazams into a single account.
Save your Shazams in iCloud on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
When you first install Shazam on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, your Shazams are automatically backed up to iCloud. Make sure you're signed in with your Apple ID and that you've turned on iCloud for Shazam on your device.
When you back up your Shazams to iCloud, you can access your Shazams across all your devices and at www.shazam.com/myshazam when you sign in with the same Apple ID.
To delete a Shazam, swipe up to My Music from the main Shazam screen, tap the more button next to that Shazam, then tap “Remove from My Music.”
Update your account on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If you already created a Shazam account using an email address or Facebook on an earlier version of the Shazam app, you'll need to update your account.
- Make sure you're signed in with your Apple ID and that you've turned on iCloud for Shazam on your device.
- Tap Use iCloud when prompted in Shazam.
If you tapped Not Now, you can choose to back up your Shazams to iCloud at any time. In the Shazam app, tap the Settings button on the My Music screen, tap iCloud Sync, then tap Use iCloud.
If you choose not to save your Shazams in iCloud, they’re still saved on your device. You can back up your Shazams at any time as long as you haven’t restored your device back to its factory settings.
Save your Shazams on Android devices
You can sign in with an email address or with a Google account to save your Shazams.
- Enter an email address or follow the onscreen prompts for Google.
- If you entered your email address, check your email using your same device, then tap Confirm in the email. If you have trouble with the email, you can always tap Resend in the Shazam app or start over.
To access your previous Shazams anywhere, use the same account to sign in at www.shazam.com/myshazam on your Mac, a PC, or on the Shazam app on another Android device. After signing in, the email you’re signed in with appears at the bottom of the Settings page.
To delete a Shazam, swipe to the Library from the main Shazam screen, tap the more button next to that Shazam, then tap “Remove from Shazam Library.”
Delete your Shazam account on Android devices
- In Shazam, swipe to Library, then tap the Settings button .
- Scroll to the bottom of the Settings screen, then tap Log Out.
- If you use Shazam on other devices, log out of Shazam on those devices.
- Visit shazam.com/privacy.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, then click or tap Delete Your Account.
- Sign in using the account you want to delete.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Delete Your Account page, then click Delete Your Account. Any personally identifiable information from connected services will be deleted within 30 days.
Merge Shazams from other Shazam accounts
If you have other Shazam accounts, you can merge Shazams saved in those other Shazam accounts into your new account.
Merge Shazams on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- In Shazam on the device that you've signed in to with your Apple ID, tap the Settings button on the My Music screen.
- Tap Import Shazams, then follow the prompts to import your Shazams from your other account. These will be added to your Shazam Library and backed up to iCloud.
- Repeat for any other Shazam accounts you might have.
Shazam On Apple Music Streaming
Merge Shazams on Android devices
- In Shazam, tap the Settings button in the Library.
- Sign in to the account you want to import your Shazams from.
- When the Shazams from that account have loaded onto your device, tap Log Out, then choose to keep the Shazams on your device.
- Sign in to the account where you want to save all your Shazams.
- Repeat for any other Shazam accounts you might have.
Get a copy of your Shazam data
- Visit shazam.com/privacy.
- Click or tap Download Your Data.
- Sign in to the account that you want to get a copy of the data for, then follow the prompts.
- Enter the email address where you would like your information sent, then click “Send my data.” You'll receive your data by email within 30 days.
Shazam Apple Music Not Working
- Identify music with Shazam.
- Use Shazam with Apple Music, Spotify, Snapchat, and more.
- Learn about Shazam's Terms & Conditions.
- Learn about Shazam and privacy.