Some things are just made to be watched on a big screen. So, when it comes to Sky Go, there are times you want to ditch that laptop, tablet or smartphone and kick back in front of a TV. Here’s how to stream Sky Go on your TV.
- I see the content on Sky Go (using it on my Xbox) is looking a lot more better (sharper) in recent weeks. Previously it was almost as bad as SD quality but it seems to be a lot better. Has anyone also noticed this?
- Hello I have Sky Go Extra on my Sky+ HD Multiscreen package. Historically, this provided the facility to use on 4 devices. However, I've read that this has increased to 6 now but am unsure if this only relates to Sky Q. Does anyone know? Lastly, is it still 2 devices that can be used at the same tim.
- Surely it's time 1080p and 50 frames per second was an option for Sky Go, especially on the big screen platforms such as PS3/4 and XBOX ONE. NowTV has this for Sky Sports, so why not SkyGo? The BT SPORT app and BBC iPlayer both offer 50fps, which makes the content feel so much smoother and enjoyable.
Then go to Roaming and delete the Sky and Sky Go folders. Download the Sky Go app from the official Sky website. Then open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the app. B) If you’re on Mac. On your desktop, click Go and click Applications. Remove the Sky Go app. Go back to your desktop, then click Go and click.
Sky Go has been around for some time now and it’s gone through several iterations, including some confusing crossovers with the Sky Q app. The app’s main function is letting you watch your Sky package over the internet – a super useful feature when you’re away from home or just not in the same room as your Sky box.
Related: Read our full Sky Q review
While being able to watch Sky on your Android or iOS device – from a Samsung Galaxy phone to an iPad – will be a marvel for some, sometimes it just isn’t good enough. The heart-pounding action scenes of Game of Thrones or Gangs of London on even the largest mobile device just won’t do.
We’ve put together this handy guide to show you just how to watch Sky Go on a TV.
Related: What do you think is best streaming service? Vote now
How do I stream Sky Go to my TV?
Kicking things off on a bit of a downer, the simple answer is you can’t. Never fear, you can get Sky Go on a TV using a good ol’ cable.
Unfortunately, Sky is yet to add any kind of casting function to the Sky Go app – as you can do with other streaming services like Netflix or Amazon – and this means there’s no way to shift the app’s mobile content from your phone or tablet to a TV. Python apache web server. A lack of a Sky Go app on smart TVs doesn’t help the situation either.
Sky Go Hdr
Sky Go Hdmi No Sound
Instead, you’ll need to grab your laptop and download Sky Go if you haven’t already. The next step is to check what connections your laptop has and, fingers crossed, it has an HDMI port and you’ve got a handy HDMI cable lying around.
Sky Go Hd Video
Other solutions include a VGA/DVI connection on some older machines or a more flexible Thunderbolt port, but HDMI is the simplest way of going about things. Here’s exactly how to do it:
Sky Go Hdmi Sound
- Open the Sky Go app on your laptop
- Find what you want to watch and go fullscreen
- Attach the HDMI cable to your laptop
- Plug the other end into a free HDMI port on the back of the TV
- Make sure you are on the correct HDMI input on the TV and you are all set