|EVE Image Name||Downloaded Filename||Version||vCPUs||vRAM||Interfaces||Console|
|sophosxg-fw-17.5.4||VI-17.5.4_MR-4-1.KVM-429.zip||17.5.4||1||2048||4||vnc and https://ip:4444|
|sophosutm-UTM-9.509-3.1||asg-9.600-5.1.iso||9.600-5.1||2||2048||6||vnc and https://ip:4444|
Sophos XG Firewall provides unprecedented visibility into your network, users, and applications directly from the all. An administrator can connect and access the device through HTTPS, telnet, or SSH services. Depending on the Administrator login account profile used for access, an administrator can access number of Administrative.
- XG Firewall offers SSH access to the CLI. Access it in one of the following ways: Go to the web admin console and select admin Console in the upper-right corner. Use an SSH client, such as PuTTY.
- Sophos XG Firewall. Find your product Sophos XG Firewall. Product resources and documentation. Thank you for choosing XG Firewall, we have assembled a variety of resources here to help you to make the most of your XG Firewall. Watch How-to Videos. Search the Knowledgebase. Explore the Community Forums. Download Documentation (below) XG Firewall.
|Note: This how to is developed for EVE-PRO version. Before you start deploy images to EVE community, please refer EVE cookbook how to create custom templates, section 17.3.|
Note: Older versions of Sophos XG and UTM works as well.
Other versions should also be supported following bellow’s procedure.
Steps below are based on Sophos FW XG and UTM deployments.
1. Deployment of Sophos XG image
Step 1. SSH to EVE and login as root, from cli and create temporary working directory on the EVE’s root and create folder for new Sophos XG:
Step 2. Upload the downloaded VI-17.5.4_MR-4-1.KVM-429.zip image to the /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/sophosxg-fw-17.5.4 using FileZilla or WinSCP.
Step 3. Go to image location, unzip and rename uploaded image to virtioa.qcow2 and virtiob.qcow2:
2. Deployment of Sophos UTM image
Step 1. SSH to EVE and login as root, from cli and create temporary working directory on the EVE’s root and create folder for new Sophos UTM:
Step 2. Upload the downloaded asg-9.600-5.1.iso image to the /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/sophosutm-UTM-9.600-5.1 using FileZilla or WinSCP.
Step 3. Go to image location and create hdd for Sophos UTM image and rename uploaded ISO image to cdrom.iso:
Apple iwork suite. Note: all images default cli login is: admin
web access https://ip:4444
- This article describe the steps to access the command interface of the Sophos XG firewall device with console cable
- A console cable with one end is RJ45 and one end is a VGA port.
- Install PuTTy software on the computer.
- First we will use the RJ45 end of the console wire attached to the COM port on the Sophos XG firewall device.
- The other VGA head attaches to the VGA port on the computer (If the computer does not have a VGA port, we can use a cord that converts from VGA to USB or HDMI).
- Then right-click on This PC and select Manage.
- The Computer Management panel pops up, click on Device then click on the “>” icon to the left of Ports (COM & LPT) the drop down list and we will see the Serial port name connecting.
- Next we turn on the PuTTy software, at the Connection type we select Serial, in the Serial line box we enter the name of the connecting Serial port we have seen above in this example is COM3 and in the box The speed we entered in 38400 is the default number.
Sophos Xg Advanced Shell Commands
- Click Open to connect, enter the firewall’s password and press Enter to log into the Command interface of the firewall.