- Watch Sky Tv On Laptop Windows 10
- Watch Pc On Tv
- Watch Sky Tv On Laptop Online
- Watch Live Tv On Laptop Free
- Can I Watch Sky Mobile Tv On My Laptop
The service allows Sky TV subscribers to watch live channels and on-demand video on multiple internet-connected devices including Windows PC, Mac OSX, iOS, Android, and game consoles. That includes some HBO original content like Westworld and Last Week Tonight and a wide range of sport including live English Premier League soccer, cricket, golf. The next time you go to watch something on the NOW site, your computer should remember you’ve already installed the NOW Player and start playing straight away. If it doesn’t, and you see this screen again, just click I’ve already got this to continue.We review Sky Go, the mobile TV and on-demand TV service from Sky. Want to watch Sky’s content on your smartphone, tablet or computer. We’ll show you how…
What is Sky Go?
Launched in July 2011, this service lets you watch Sky TV channels on your computer, tablet device or smartphone. It’s a replacement for the old Sky Mobile and Sky Player service.
How do I get Sky Go?
Sky Go is available on the following:
- Desktop / laptop computer
- Apple iPhone
- Apple iPad
- Some Android smartphones
- Microsoft X-Box console (with XBox Live Gold membership)
Other platforms and smartphones will be supported in due course
You need to have a Sky iD account – which is free to create on the Sky Go website
How much does Sky Go cost?
The good news – if you’re a Sky TV customer already – nothing, Sky Go is free to Sky subscribers. Sky Go is also available to non-subscribers, with prices from £15 a month.
Watch Sky Tv On Laptop Windows 10
How do I get Sky Go?
- Got an iPhone or iPad? Download the free Sky Go App from iTunes
- Got a PC? Watch online direct from the Sky Go website. If you want to download content, you’ll need to download the free Sky Go app
Sky Go on iPhone (Main Menu)
Sky Go on iPhone (TV Channels)
What channels do I get?
At launch, you’re able to watch live TV from the following channels:
- Entertainment: Sky 1, Sky Living, Sky Atlantic, GOLD, Sky Livingit, Sky Arts 1, MTV
- Movies: Sky Movies Premiere, Sky Movies Showcase, Sky Movies Action, Sky Movies Family
- Sport: Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, Sky Sports 3, Sky Sports 4, Sky Sports News, Eurosport, British Eurosport, SPN, ESPN Classic
- News: Sky News
- Documentaries: National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, History, Eden, Crime Investigation
- Kids: Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Nickelodeon, Disney XD, Disney and Nick Jr
At launch, here are the channels available on the Sky Go iPhone and iPad application:
- Sport: Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, Sky Sports 3, Sky Sports 4, Sky Sports News, ESPN
- News: Sky News
- Movies: Sky Movies Premiere, Sky Movies Showcase, Sky Movies Action. Sky Movies Family
On Demand Content
On the PC version of Sky Go, as well as being able to watch live TV, you can also download content from the Sky Anytime service (which you can also do from a Sky+HD box connected to a Sky Broadband account).
We found the TV content on offer to be a little thin. In the Comedy section, we only found 4 shows (My Family, Angry Boys, Modern Family and Raising Hope), with just two shows in sci-fi (Stargate Universe and Ten Wolf). Movies was a bit better populated, with a fairly decent selection of movies that have recently appeared on the many Sky Movies channels.
The Comedy section of Sky Go Movies
To watch the on-demand stuff, you can either stream the content from your web browser, or if you download the separate Sky Go application, you can select an on-demand show from the library, and the programme will be downloaded onto your hard drive, so that you can watch it offline.
The downloadable PC application uses Microsoft Silverlight, and allows you to watch downloaded content for a specified period. A download of a 90 minute show took around 45 minutes when we tested, and allowed us a 6 day pass to watch what we’d downloaded
Downloading content with Sky Go on a PC
Sky Go Restrictions
The Sky Go service is free to Sky subscribers, but you can watch what you subscribe to, so you’ll only get the Sky Go Sky Movies channels if you subscribe to Sky Movies on the TV service.
If you’re not a Sky TV subscriber, you can still sign up thought, and watch channels and movies without the need for a satellite dish. Prices and signup information can be found on the Sky Go Site
Watch Pc On Tv
Also, note that you can only have two devices “authorised” to use Sky Go – perhaps a desktop computer and an iPhone. You’re not allowed a third device, although you can delete one of your two devices, to make room for a different device.
You can manage your devices on the Sky Go website, where you’ll be required to enter your Sky iD username and password.
Managing your two devices on the Sky Go website
Sky Go Questions
How much bandwidth do I need to watch Sky Go?
Sky recommends 2Mbps for home broadband, and between 180-1400kbps on the 3G mobile network
Got a question we can help with? Please ask!
- NOW TV – The on-demand movie service from Sky
- Catch-up TV services – Help with TV shows you’ve missed recently
- TV over Internet – A look at what TV services are available over the Internet in the UK.
- Video on Demand – Who needs a TV listings service? TV when you’re ready.
Watch Sky Tv On Laptop OnlineRosetta La Manno28 January 2017 at 4:52 pm
How do I get more channels including radio channels that are within my package. I can only seem to get some of the t.v channels and none of the plus one channels or any of the radio/music channels.
Leave a Reply
Watch Live Tv On Laptop Free
- FrequencyCast Radio Show June 2015
- FrequencyCast March 2015 Show
- Drama TV channel launches
- Argos TV Closes Down
- YouView Box and Broadband for £10 a month
Top Posts & Pages
- Freeview Channels List
- Free-to-View Satellite TV in the UK
- Copying and Archiving from a Sky+ Box
- Sky TV - How to Watch Sky in Other Rooms
- Freesat from Sky - Pay Once Watch Forever
- Freesat Channel Lineup
- 4oD - Channel 4 On Demand Player
- Watch TV In Other Rooms - Help and Advice
- Essex Radio Memories - Sound Archive
- Personal Video Recorders Explored
- UK TV (General) - Discount Shopping
- UK TV (General) - UK Wrestling programmes for April 2021
- Freeview Discussion - 4K available, but limited, as this shows
- TV Technical - Very important TV setup Tips for modern TVs
- Freeview Discussion - NEW: UK launches SNORKELLING TV first of its type!
Some things are just made to be watched on a big screen. So, when it comes to Sky Go, there are times you want to ditch that laptop, tablet or smartphone and kick back in front of a TV. Here’s how to stream Sky Go on your TV.
Sky Go has been around for some time now and it’s gone through several iterations, including some confusing crossovers with the Sky Q app. The app’s main function is letting you watch your Sky package over the internet – a super useful feature when you’re away from home or just not in the same room as your Sky box.
Related: Read our full Sky Q review
Can I Watch Sky Mobile Tv On My Laptop
While being able to watch Sky on your Android or iOS device – from a Samsung Galaxy phone to an iPad – will be a marvel for some, sometimes it just isn’t good enough. The heart-pounding action scenes of Game of Thrones or Gangs of London on even the largest mobile device just won’t do.
We’ve put together this handy guide to show you just how to watch Sky Go on a TV.
Related: What do you think is best streaming service? Vote now
How do I stream Sky Go to my TV?
Kicking things off on a bit of a downer, the simple answer is you can’t. Never fear, you can get Sky Go on a TV using a good ol’ cable.
Unfortunately, Sky is yet to add any kind of casting function to the Sky Go app – as you can do with other streaming services like Netflix or Amazon – and this means there’s no way to shift the app’s mobile content from your phone or tablet to a TV. A lack of a Sky Go app on smart TVs doesn’t help the situation either.
Instead, you’ll need to grab your laptop and download Sky Go if you haven’t already. The next step is to check what connections your laptop has and, fingers crossed, it has an HDMI port and you’ve got a handy HDMI cable lying around.
Other solutions include a VGA/DVI connection on some older machines or a more flexible Thunderbolt port, but HDMI is the simplest way of going about things. Here’s exactly how to do it:
- Open the Sky Go app on your laptop
- Find what you want to watch and go fullscreen
- Attach the HDMI cable to your laptop
- Plug the other end into a free HDMI port on the back of the TV
- Make sure you are on the correct HDMI input on the TV and you are all set